The Eye
VinceInMT

The Eye

Yes, I know, a bit gimmicky but this is where I was in 1976 when I made this. The eye was shot on 35mm Kodacolor II developed in Neofin C-22. The sunset was on 120 VPS also in Neofin. Color corrected each with filters and printed separately on (I think) Agfacolor paper using cardboard masks.
Sunset was Hermosa Beach, CA. The eye was a friend in Long Beach, CA.
Equipment Used
Minolta SRT-201 with close up bellows fitted with 50mm Rokkor, Rolleicard VB, Beseler 23C.
Film & Developer
Kodacolor II and VPS
Paper & Developer
Probably Agfacolor since that what I was into at the time. Agfa chems in open trays at room temp.
Digital Post Processing Details
This is a scan of an 8x10 print.
I grant PHOTRIO permission to share this gallery image and previous images on their social media pages.
  1. Yes
has the surrealist in you been re-awakened?

My interest in Surrealism has always been then but back when I made that piece I don’t think I could define the term let alone talk about Breton, Magritte, or Dali. Over the past 7 years I went back to college for a BFA and spent lots of time with the surrealists and it has definitely influenced my current works, which is mostly drawings.

Media information

Category
Standard Gallery
Added by
VinceInMT
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
the_eye.jpg
File size
1.3 MB
Dimensions
1250px x 1567px

Share this media

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom