Sun Flower
awty

Sun Flower

• A
  • awty
Darkroom print, ilford rc iv gloss, bleach and sepia.
Mamiya rz67, 180mm lens.
HP5 120 in pyro hd.
Home grown sun flower.
Nice. Crisp. Definitely not a toy camera.

This is lovely. I struggle with sepia. It works well here.
Thanks, I can do better on the print its hard to get a good representation when scanning.
What I try to do is get a slight browning of the highlights and deep blacky brown in the shadows.
Depending on the paper I have a few methods, Ilford rc iv doesnt take toning too well, so I over expose the print 1/4 stop then bleach then sepia. The newer Ilford RC tones much better, so it Selenium first to keep the deep blacks.

Thanks, I can do better on the print its hard to get a good representation when scanning.
What I try to do is get a slight browning of the highlights and deep blacky brown in the shadows.
Depending on the paper I have a few methods, Ilford rc iv doesnt take toning too well, so I over expose the print 1/4 stop then bleach then sepia. The newer Ilford RC tones much better, so it Selenium first to keep the deep blacks.
I invariably use FB for toning. That's interesting you say the new Ilford RC tones better. As you say it all depends on paper used, and of course the negative. Thanks.

Media information

Category
Standard Gallery
Added by
awty
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
26 09 22 ilford rc hp5390.jpg b (2).jpg
File size
808.7 KB
Date taken
Mon, 26 September 2022 9:58 PM
Dimensions
2801px x 2240px

Share this media

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom