Sonatas IX-19 (Presto Appassionato) - The Forest's Gifts: Walk With Me

Sonatas IX-19 (Presto Appassionato) - The Forest's Gifts: Walk With Me

Words by Khaetidawne and Brendan Quirk. The photo was taken in September of 2019. This print was made in February, 2020 on 8” x 10” paper.
See the first post below for the text for this image.
Cumberland Falls State Resort Park, Corbin, Kentucky, USA
Equipment Used
Pentax 67 medium format SLR equipped with a 105 mm f/2.4 SMC Pentax 67 lens
Film & Developer
Ilford FP4+/D76 1:1
Paper & Developer
Ilford Multigrade FB Classic Double Weight Fiber Base/Dektol
I grant PHOTRIO permission to share this gallery image and previous images on their social media pages.
  1. Yes
Is this print for sale?
  1. Yes
Reactions: Acere
Sonatas IX-19 (Presto Appassionato)

We at last, come to the Falls, on its own terms - see the mist rising up like a prize;
Kissed by the Sun with such splendor, sun rays light the water like diamonds to our eyes.
The mist wets our skin, we feel every bubble, every ripple, of the water that plays
for us; molding our being, the joy so intense we could stand here all day.

“There are no words, and no songs for this feeling, nothing matches what nature can say”
I sing out to my love watching the water as the wind blows her hair in the spray.

Such a beautiful place. Once a month or so, during full moon, you can capture a fantastic moonbow over the falls. I have one from a dedicated drive up there about 6 or so years ago. Alas, on digital and the composition is not the absolute best but best I was able to get at the time. This is a great print of a great capture.

I can imagen how good that would look as a 40x60 print on various types of media. Don't have falls like that here in GA

Media information

Category
Standard Gallery
Added by
Brendan Quirk
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
13019-1x.jpg
File size
1 MB
Date taken
Sat, 26 March 2022 7:56 PM
Dimensions
2540px x 2000px

Share this media

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom