Equipment Used
Nikon F2, 55mm macro-Nikkor.
Exposure
125th @ f/11
Film & Developer
Portra 160, Unicolor C-41
Digital Post Processing Details
Dust removal & slight crop
I grant PHOTRIO permission to share this gallery image and previous images on their social media pages.
  1. Yes
Just when you going to sit, and ponder about the world winding by...
Also, a reminder that I should try Portra, some day.

A good place to ponder life and death; I shot this over a barrier warning people to stay off the bridge. If you fell through you'd land on railroad tracks. I do like the Portra. I liked NC best but the new stuff will do.

It's nice how the reddish rust cuts through and contrasts with the cool blue tone of the rest of the scene. And it's a thought-provoking scene, too. How does the 'same' society that considered this bridge essential enough to build in the first place come to decide we no longer need it? You could discuss that for quite a while.

The bridge was once part of a street that crossed over the railroad. Now it dead-ends at the barricade. It's in a neighborhood that's decaying. I see this in towns all over the Northeast--it's rural decay rather than urban. The blue tone and overcast sky is courtesy of Ian (the hurricane). It spun out a string of high clouds all the way to Canada.

Media information

Category
Standard Gallery
Added by
Tel
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
sofa.jpg
File size
524.9 KB
Dimensions
617px x 927px

Share this media

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom