jtk

Raided Anazasi

Granaries and a dwelling, built by Anazasi people (ancestors of Pueblo & Hopi), raided in hopes that they held more than stored corn. Lots of grave robbers and pot hunters in Utah, not yet enough in Federal prisons.

*Click The Image Below To Enter Portfolio View*  
Raided Anazasi
jtk, Dec 3, 2018
Equipment Used:
Samsung NX20
Digital Post Processing Details:
None done after exposure but I print this as if warm sunlight. Was shot in an overcast, rainy day.
Is this print for sale?:
  • Yes
    • Old-N-Feeble
      Terrific image. The raid you mentioned is recent??
    • jtk
      @Old-N-Feeble Thanks. "recent' In this context is relative. Relatively real and overtly fake archaeologists as well as antique dealers have plundered the Southwest for a century or more...my impression is that this was in the past couple of decades. The FBI hit the region hard, high profile tourist traps and fake "trading posts" got shuttered or went underground. The usual right-wingers are screaming. Ebay continues.
    • Eric Rose
      I think I would like it better converted to B&W.
    • jtk
      Understood. This is entirely unmanipulated (accurate per my memory). I will soon post with more intense color...it's a decorative kind of place, commonly called "flaming house".
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Standard Gallery
    Uploaded By:
    jtk
    Date:
    Dec 3, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    8.2 MB
    Width:
    5472px
    Height:
    3648px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.