Quebradas Cholla
jtk, Dec 5, 2018
Quebradas is a 24 mile high clearance road above Socorro, New Mexico
Equipment Used:
Samsung NX1000
Digital Post Processing Details:
NIK
    • Trail Images
      I like this. Interesting to see these plants as I thought I'd seen about every type of cholla before, but not this variety that I can recall. Kind of reminded me of an octillo look. Thanks for sharing.
    • Eric Rose
      Nice to see you uploading images.
    • jtk
      @Trail Images ...good question...I'll pursue that further.

People around here call these Cholla..."walking stick cholla" ... they're in every yard in my neighborhood...they leave a long woody stick that's full of holes when they die...not very segmented...the fluffy-looking Ocatillo that's common in AZ is rare in NM . Very different desert in NM vs AZ: higher altitude, lots of rock, not much sand.
    • jtk
      Eric, thanks.. I figured this would be a good time to share the kinds of photos I make these days. I'm as interested in archery and outdoors and native people around here as I am in photo.
    • gphoto120
      Love the different textures in this image....and the sky is the icing on the cake ....nice composition too!
      Very different cholla compared to those we have growing here in northern NM
    • jtk
      Looking around my neighborhood, and even remote parts of my yard, I'm finding plenty of that "ocatillo" segmented stuff. It's easier to love the "walking stick" version of whatever it is than the segmented, awkward-looking version...which is hellish when accidentally bumped-into.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Standard Gallery
    Uploaded By:
    jtk
    Date:
    Dec 5, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1,018.2 KB
    Width:
    1920px
    Height:
    1080px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.