Last Bus Home
Ken Nadvornick

Last Bus Home

Lone passenger waiting in below freezing temperature for the final bus of the day.
This is my submission for the Blind Print Exchange #9.
Fairgrounds bus stop, Monroe, Washington, USA
Equipment Used
Yashica Mat-124G TLR, Sunpak 544 flash (manual)
Exposure
1/125 sec handheld at f/16-22 from 15-ft/4.6-meters
Film & Developer
Ilford HP5+ at EI500 in D-76d (1+1) for 18 min at 68F/20C
Paper & Developer
Kentmere Bromide, grade #4, Ansco 130 (1+1), selenium (1+9)
Lens Filter
none
Is this print for sale?
  1. Yes
Is that light from the street or did you use a flash? it's very intriguing and the gradation is very pleasant.

Lighting is entirely by flash. Those two spot reflections that look like headlights from behind are really the on-camera Sunpak unit. I intentionally overdeveloped and printed for gritty high contrast. I was trying to channel my inner Weegee through the TLR. This was made before I got my 4x5 Crown Graphic. A fedora probably would have helped here as well...:wink:

Yes, in the sense that the subject knew I was there and knew what I was doing and why I was doing it. Because he knew, I was able to make several negatives. He didn't have a problem with it. He thought the camera was really cool. He was offered a print, but declined.

Media information

Category
General Print Exchange Gallery
Added by
Ken Nadvornick
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
lastbushome.jpg
File size
239.6 KB
Dimensions
705px x 700px

Share this media

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom