Jen.jpg
Chuck_P

Jen.jpg

This is my girlfriend, she wanted to be one of my first exposures with the Canham and print from the darkroom after getting the darkroom up and running again.
Equipment Used
KB Canham DLC45 with 135mm Rodenstock Sironar-N lens
Exposure
1/125 @ f/5.6; shadowed part of jeans placed on Zone III
Film & Developer
Kodak TMax 100 developed in XTOL
Paper & Developer
Iford MG RC Deluxe developed in Dektol 1+3; toned in selenium 1+7 for 10 min
Digital Post Processing Details
print scan
Reactions: Acere and mfohl
Really, really good, almost first image with a view camera.

Both of you should be very pleased.

Thank you Mick, I am pleased with it and so was she. Although it's not my first view camera, before, years ago, I had a Horseman rail but this Canham field view cam is sweet. I wanted the background blurred to emphasize her portrait, so a simple straight forward use of the camera with no movements. If I started futzing around with movements, she'd have lost her patience with me, lol.

Technically this pictures shouldn't work. High contrast film, harsh sunlight and shadows but somehow it turns out great. Must be the lovely lady that saved it! 👍

Technically this pictures shouldn't work. High contrast film, harsh sunlight and shadows but somehow it turns out great. Must be the lovely lady that saved it! 👍

I'll certainly tell her your compliment and I don't disagree.....I'd like to think I had a little something to do with it. 😉

Media information

Category
Standard Gallery
Added by
Chuck_P
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
Jen - 16 bit 600R #3.jpg
File size
191.4 KB
Date taken
Mon, 16 January 2023 7:21 PM
Dimensions
992px x 715px

Share this media

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom