Equipment Used
Fuji 670W 6x7
Film & Developer
Fuji Portra 400
Paper & Developer
Professionally developed...scanned from print
Lens Filter
uv
I grant PHOTRIO permission to share this gallery image and previous images on their social media pages.
  1. Yes
Good image of what I remember the old town to look like. The positions of the two guys, having what may be an almost furtive conversation with one looking down the street and both of them having "seen better days" is conjuring up a Rebus short story🙂

The scene's palette of colours which Porta captures very well, suggests that the best of the old hand-colourers used by photographic studios of the 40s and 50s might have been able to give it a good run for its money

Once again, you've lured me down the Edinburgh rabbit hole... having never been there, i've learned much - there's a New, Old and West towns - and that I really have to visit.

Thank you for the education, and photography... now to make some plans.

Good image of what I remember the old town to look like. The positions of the two guys, having what may be an almost furtive conversation with one looking down the street and both of them having "seen better days" is conjuring up a Rebus short story🙂

The scene's palette of colours which Porta captures very well, suggests that the best of the old hand-colourers used by photographic studios of the 40s and 50s might have been able to give it a good run for its money
Rebus stalks the streets of Edinburgh....well he does in Rankin's novels, and in my head. Portra these days is expensive but I think still worth persevering with. There is potential in the old town for colour.

Once again, you've lured me down the Edinburgh rabbit hole... having never been there, i've learned much - there's a New, Old and West towns - and that I really have to visit.

Thank you for the education, and photography... now to make some plans.
This is taken on George 1V Bridge, a link between Edinburgh's Old and New Towns, and built I believe around 1830. You really must visit. You won't regret it.

my daughters been... you echo'd her words " you won't regret it".

p.s. i already started the process! thank you.

Media information

Category
Standard Gallery
Added by
SJC1952
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device
Canon MP Navigator EX 3.1
Filename
col wed _0008.jpg
File size
308.1 KB
Date taken
Thu, 16 June 2022 3:49 PM
Dimensions
1600px x 1191px

Share this media

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom