Exposure
as previous
Film & Developer
same
Hybrid Materials & Processing
scan
Digital Post Processing Details
just some dust
I grant PHOTRIO permission to share this gallery image and previous images on their social media pages.
  1. Yes
(optional) Preferred name for image credit on social media.
Lot Wouda
Is this print for sale?
  1. Yes
I like this version best, if my memory is correct, you are facing south to take this picture.

The light cloud makes this picture a cut above normal, with this version the one I like the most.

I'm amazed that there are no people in the picture, my first visit there was 40 years ago, my second visit was in 2017 or 2018. Quite something to see and explore. I have a picture or two from about the same vantage point.

I like this version best, if my memory is correct, you are facing south to take this picture.

The light cloud makes this picture a cut above normal, with this version the one I like the most.

I'm amazed that there are no people in the picture, my first visit there was 40 years ago, my second visit was in 2017 or 2018. Quite something to see and explore. I have a picture or two from about the same vantage point.
Thanks Mick. Just checked it but you are right about looking south; the sun comes in from the left. I was there in October this year in the morning and photo’s were taken between 9 and 10, people were arriving after 10. It was just before winter time started and until 9 it was still rather dark.

The reason for knowing it was south facing was because on my first time there I had only been in the northern hemisphere for a couple of days and I was still getting my head around facing south into the sun, instead of north like we have here.

I was also impressed by the age of the building, which is something we don't have in Australia. The Münster Dom in Münster, is of a similar age and the wall on the right side as you enter with the names of the occupying church person in charge over the centuries, makes for fascinating reading, much like the history of Burg Eltz

Nice tip. I was on my own there, for biking and photography. So I did not enter the castle, I prefer to do that sort of visits with my wife, hopefully next time then.

Media information

Category
Standard Gallery
Added by
otto.f
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
Burg-Eltz-3.jpg
File size
2.2 MB
Dimensions
1960px x 2480px

Share this media

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom