Nikon F, Probably my 105mm ƒ2.5 Nikkor
Exposure
Unknown
Film & Developer
Agfapan APX-100, the old stuff. Developed in Edwal FG 1+15 with water
Paper & Developer
Scan of negative, for now
Lens Filter
Yellow G filter. Just before I took the picture, a big came overhead so I had to meter again and open up two stops. The background was still in direct sun so it's overexposed.
Digital Post Processing Details
Nothing fancy, just inverted the neg, made levels and curves adjustments, and resized the image for the JPEG.
I grant PHOTRIO permission to share this gallery image and previous images on their social media pages.
  1. Yes
(optional) Preferred name for image credit on social media.
Mike Sullivan
Turned out great, the over exposed back ground makes the church pop out, great timing.
Thanks. It turned out better than the photo I intended to take. I agree with you regarding the background,
it creates a sense of depth and the softer light in the foreground does a better job of revealing details in
the church. The light there can be very harsh, since it's at 8375' (2552.7 metres) elevation and the air is
usually very clear. I may return in the fall, and hopefully the light will not be so harsh.

Nice shot! So many times I went to big bad Bodie with my large format and never a single cloud.

Media information

Category
Standard Gallery
Added by
Zathras
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device
Epson Perfection4490
Filename
Bodie Methodist Church.jpg
File size
399 KB
Date taken
Sat, 01 January 2022 12:00 PM
Dimensions
950px x 640px

Share this media

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom