UK-based E6 processing

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by OlyMan, Sep 13, 2017.

1. OlyMan

OlyMan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A lot's changed since I last used slide film five years ago, most notably that Fuji closed down their processing plant in Yorkshire so the term Process Paid is now another thing of the past.

I have only really used process paid slide processing, so third-party labs are alien to me. But I've just loaded up a roll of Fuji Provia, and while it will probably sit in the camera for a while (@£12 a roll you don't waste shots), I'm looking for processing ideas. A quick Google reveals various mail order companies offering E6, some I'm aware of from 'back in the day', some I'm not. Am I allowed to ask for recommendations on this forum, and if so, does anyone have any?

Thanks

2. Willyekerslike

Willyekerslike Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    AG Photolab.....

3. Svenedin

Svenedin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    +1

4. NJH

NJH Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As above + Peak Imaging seem to be the two most renowned outfits for quality.

5. xtolsniffer

xtolsniffer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    AG photolab and Peak imaging. Both offer superb services.

6. railwayman3

railwayman3 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    +1 for Peak Imaging

7. ronnies

ronnies Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I use A&M Imaging in Edinburgh but then I can drop it off and pick it up in person there. :smile:

Ronnie

8. OP
    OP
    OlyMan

OlyMan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the replies.

Peak Imaging was one of the companies I was referring to when I said I'd found some places that were still trading and offering the service from 'back in the day', but I didn't want to make it a leading question.

Ronnie you are very fortunate; I guess that's the benefit of living in a large city. Max Spielman is now my only local D&P who develop in the shop, but they don't develop E6 in the shop, only C41. Boots and Morrisons technically still offer D&P but nothing is in house. And in fact when I asked Boots if they could develop and scan to CD as opposed to develop and print she looked at me like I had three heads and admitted basically she hadn't a clue.

9. Sewin

Sewin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Out in the wild west of Wales where I live it's at least a 25 mile drive to the nearest "proper" processing house for me.

So I find AG prices very reasonable.