Anyone try this high-energy pyro formula? I found it in Haist's _Modern Photographic Processing_ (1:458) a while back and finally gave it a go. The formula was developed by the British Royal Air Force in WWI. This is the formula as it appears in Haist (these measurements probably come out to nice round numbers if you convert them to ounces and think of a batch as 5 quarts)-- Part A-- Metol 9.1 g Potassium metabisulfite 10.4 g Pyrogallol 10.4 g Potassium bromide 3.9 g water to make 2366 ml Part B-- Sodium carbonate (crystals) 255.2 g water to make 2366 ml Mix 1+1 and develop, one shot. No info regarding time, temperature, agitation, or EI. I substituted sodium metabisulfite for potassium metabisulfite using the conversion factor recommended in Anchell's _Film Developing Cookbook_. For testing I made 1 liter of each part, and I mixed A and B right before pouring it into the tank. I shot a roll of Tri-X (TX) 120 (6x6) spaced at 1/2 stop intervals from EI 100 to 4800, processed 10 min., 75 deg (a little under room temperature), agitating with 2 inversions every 15 sec., 30 sec. water rinse, 3 min in TF-4, 15 min. wash, 1 min Sistan. Looking at the wet negs (I still haven't gotten around to replacing my densitometer) base fog/background stain is high, but so is Dmax, so I can cut back on the developing time by at least 50%. In general, I'm suspicious of anyone claiming more than a one or two stop speed increase, but looking at the negs there is good shadow detail at EI 3200!