Polaroid Conversions, where to get a lens?

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by dilch, Apr 4, 2012.

  1. dilch

    dilch Member

    Apr 4, 2012
    Instant Films
    Hello, I started, just for fun, in converting polaroid 110 or similari models to pack film. (one pinhole and one finished 110). at the moment I'm building an integral film back on my own and so on... but with the integralback I first have to use another lens, not the rodenstock (distance lense-back becomes bigger)... my question is, where do I get lenses and or shutter except old cameras? and if this is the only possibilty, which cameras to destroy :wink:

    thx and happy building
  2. Dan Fromm

    Dan Fromm Member

    Mar 23, 2005
    Multi Format
    Some conversions use lenses made for view cameras, typically 150/5.6 plasmat types. There are many around, go looking on eBay. Check Schneider's and Rodenstock's sites for flange-to-film distances to make sure one will work as you need it to.