Kodak No. 2 autographic camera - using 120 film?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Cromlech, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Cromlech

Cromlech Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi everyone,

from what I can find, the "Kodak No. 2 folding autographic camera" takes "120 autographic film". I do not want the autographic film - can I just use modern day 120 inside?

Thanks,
    Richard

2. mhcfires

mhcfires Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Richard,

Kodak stopped making Autographic film long ago. There was a little window which you lifted up and wrote on the film with a stylus. The stylus is usually missing from the camera. You certainly can use regular 120 film in your camera. You should get some interesting results.

3. OP
    OP
    Cromlech

Cromlech Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you mhcfires. I will make the purchase then, and share the results.

Richard

4. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wrong. #2 folding Kodaks shoot 3.5" x 3.5", not possible with 120 film. You may be thinking of the #2 Folding Pocket Brownie, which shoots 2 1/4" x 3 1/4".

The #1 Folding Autographic Kodak shoots 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" on 120 film.

Take a look at the Kodak catalogs posted on Mario Groleau's site http://mgroleau.com/catalogues_kodak/

5. xya

xya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  6. OP
    OP
    Cromlech

Cromlech Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi Reinhard,

I have yet to purchase it - but the age of the item itself is worth the purchase. I will see if I can convert it to take 120.

Richard

7. MainerAl

MainerAl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The film required is specified on the autographic door on the back. If it's a No. 2 Folding Autographic Brownie it'll say to use No. A-120 film so you'll have no problem using modern 120. The No. 2-C was the model that used 130 film and the 2-A used 116. Have fun with it, mine works very well considering it's age, though I did have to put black tape over the autographic door to block the light leaks. I put it directly over the opening and closed to door over it so it wouldn't be too obvious. I just wish my 50+ year old eyes were good enough for the viewfinder :smile:.
    Al