Inflatable Teleobjective Lens

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by Mustafa Umut Sarac, Mar 5, 2011.

  1. Mustafa Umut Sarac

    Mustafa Umut Sarac Subscriber

    Oct 29, 2006
    35mm RF
    I am thinking to buy a piece of float glass and cover the one side of the glass with aluminum or silver coated film and than attach this flat piece of film to the glass with circular glue.

    Than opening a hole to the glass and inflate the streched film with a low expansion gas and get a parabolic low f : mirror .

    I am thinking to put a webcam to the focal point and get images.

    I will have problem with correct circular adhesive , coating the film with metal and find low expansion unflammable gas and low expansion film.

    I am thinking now to keep everything in one thread or post one by one.

    I think Kapton is used by USAF but I dont know how much it expands.

    Best ,

    Mustafa Umut Sarac