I never use the built-in flash on my GA645, but not long ago, I thought it might work okay in a pinch down a dark hallway (it didn't). Still, it seems that pressing that flash button to pop it up has had some nasty side effects. Now, even when the flash is down, it still charges up and fires in all modes and situations. I don't know where the sensor is that tells the camera that it's not in the ready position, but it seems to be malfunctioning. I'm thinking of tearing in and snipping some wires, since I don't want flash exposure most of the time, and when I do, I'll bring in the external units. Plus, I'm not thrilled at what this is going to do to my battery life. Anyone else had this issue, and if so, is there something I'm missing so that I don't feel the need to perform surgery on my camera? Thanks in advance!