E6 developing in New York City

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by masimix, Jun 11, 2010.

1. masimix

masimix Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello E6!

I'm currently in NYC, and would like to process a few rolls of Provia, does anybody know a lab that does that in a day or two?

I went to Grand Photo Solutions, but they didn't have it in-house, so they couldn't do it before I leave on tuesday.

Any tips on labs in Manhattan would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Marius

2. BenZucker

BenZucker Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    any of the vista image group on 22nd street (south side) between 5 and 6th ave has fast turnaround. there number is 212-633-6000. Any of the pro labs in the city will should be able to get the stuff back to you same day.

3. GinaMaree

GinaMaree Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I second Vista (also called CRC) on 22nd b/t 5th and 6th ave. The turnaround is, I believe, a couple of hours.

4. Shawn Rahman

Shawn Rahman Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Baboo Digital on 20th between 5th and 6th does terrific E6 processing. $6.99 per roll including cardboard mounts. Dip and dunk processing and next day turnaround. Check them out. I used A&I In Hollywood when I lived out in L.A. and find Baboo very compatible bt much cheaper. Good luck!

5. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Duggal (www.duggal.com), 4-hour turnaround usually on weekdays, rush service available for a fee.

6. OP
    OP
    masimix

masimix Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks a lot for the tips! I actually called Baboo first (since I found their website), and they told me they have it by tomorrow. On my way up 20th street i walked past another lab called Manhattan Color Labs, and they could develop in two hours, so I ended up putting it in there (I walked down to Baboo first, but went back). I had to go back to Brooklyn, but since they are open both saturday and sunday theres lots of opportunities to pick it up before I leave tuesday.

They do not have a website (strange these days), but some reviews show up when you google them, and people seem happy with processing/prices, but not the scans.

I'll post here if the films look bad or anything.

7. bvy

bvy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Blowing the dust off this thread...

Seems Baboo no longer offers any film processing. So Vista/CRC and Duggal are the only games in town? Experiences or recommendations?

8. mhanc

mhanc Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    it has been several years since i last used them but i have been generally satisfied with Duggal for e6, c41 and b+w... almost as good as my own home processed b+w ;-)

i go into NYC to drop off at Duggal and then go back in to pick up. that's getting to be a huge pain so i have been thinking about just doing it by mail. recently, i have run across Praus Productions in rochester, ny which i have been thinking of trying out by mail... might be worth your investigating too since i see you are in pittsburgh.

anyone have any experience with Praus Productions?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  9. guangong

guangong Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The last time I used baboo it seemed as if there had been a change in management accompanied by a decline in service attitude . Afterwards, I tried various labs found on internet, some better than others. My daughter, in Ft. Lauderdale, recommended the lab she uses, Dales in Hollywood, Fl. Very good work and polite staff interested in cultivating a loyal customer base. Nowadays mail service is good enough that the whole North American offers multiple accessibility for E6 35mm and 120 film processing labs.

10. GarageBoy

GarageBoy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The color lab on Lafayette St and bleecker St imaging or whatever they're called on kenmare do it