1920's Goerz Roll film Tenax

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by JPD, Mar 25, 2007.

1. JPD

JPD Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I bought a nice Goerz Roll film Tenax 6x9 camera with Dagor 6,8/100 in january. It had an old wooden Agfa spool in it, so I guess it hasn't been used for decades. Today I loaded it with Pan F+ and took the first test shots.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19332145@N00/

Ok, it's a simple camera, but the Dagor showed to be a good lens. Sharp and contrasty.

The red window isn't red anymore, but almost uncoloured. It lets some light in to show up on some of the images. Does anyone know a source for red plastic foil? I guess I also could tape a piece of grey plastic over it (exposed film :wink: )

2. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Lithographer's tape is a quick fix for those red windows. It will eventually fade, but not for a long time. You might be able to borrow a bit of it from any place that does traditional graphic arts. An alternative is to use opaque tape, and remove it while advancing film.

3. OP
    OP
    JPD

JPD Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the tip! I just butchered a scrapped Agfa Isolette and solved the problem. When there's no cover on the red window I always use black electrical tape.